|Profile Picture||Prof.Dr.Muhammad Aslam Asghar|
|Professor in Department of Education
Completed PhD from University of Missouri Columbia,MO(USA).
Duration: 4 Semesters Credit Hours: 72
Eligibility: Bachelor degree with at least 45% marks.
Semesters I & II
- Compulsory Courses 24 CH
- Educational Psychology and Guidance 3
- Curriculum Development 3
- English Language 3
- General Methods of Teaching 3
- Perspectives of Education in Pakistan 3
- Seerat and Tasawwuf 3
- School Organization and Management 3
- Educational Research and Classroom Assessment 3
- Pedagogical Skill Courses 6 CH
The student is to select any ONE of the groups.
- Teaching of English (Compulsory) 3
Any one of the following courses:
- Teaching of Urdu 3
- Teaching of Islamic Studies 3
- Teaching of Pakistan Studies 3
Select any two courses in line with your courses/subjects in B.Sc.
- Teaching of Physics 3
- Teaching of Biology 3
- Teaching of Mathematics 3
- Teaching of Computer Science 3
- Teaching of Chemistry 3
Teaching Practice6 CH
- Duration of teaching practice will be of six weeks.
- Teaching practice will be in relevant subjects.
- Teaching practice will be at Secondary level.
- Student teacher will plan and teach a minimum of 100 lessons.
- Student teacher will observe and write criticism on a minimum of 20 lessons.
- Student teacher will plan and teach 2 model lessons (one for each subject) at Secondary level which will be observed and evaluated by external examiner (s) appointed by the university and award marks out of 50 for each model lesson.
- Faculty supervisor will be responsible for overall teaching practice and award marks out of 37.5 marks for each subject.
- There will be a cooperative supervisor from the staff of practicing school who will award marks out of 12.5 marks for each subject.
Semesters III & IV
- Compulsory Courses
- Philosophy of Education 3
- Curriculum Development and Implementation 3
- Educational Research and Statistics 3
- Educational Management and Supervision 3
- Educational Measurement and Evaluation 3
- Quran and Hadith 3
- Educational Technology 3
- Advanced Educational Psychology 3
- Teaching Strategies 3
- Computer Applications in Education 3
- Elective Courses/Specialization
The student may choose any one of the following groups and take two courses from within the chosen group subject to availability of faculty and number of students:
(A) Educational Management
- Service & Financial Rules and Education 3
- Educational Planning 3
(B) Educational Psychology
- Psychology Testing 3
- Developmental Psychology 3
- Curriculum Change 3
- Patterns of Curriculum 3
(D) Distance and Non-Formal Education
- Distance and Non-Formal Education 3
- Adult and Continuing Education 3
(E) Islamic Education
- History of Muslim Education 3
- Islamic System of Education 3
(F) Science Education
- Teaching Strategies in Science Education 3
- Assessment in Science Education 3
1st semester fee:Rs.31,000/-
2nd to last Semester fee:Rs.21,000/-